Monday, June 11, 2012

100 Posts

100 posts...cannot believe that I have posted 100 times on this blog.  What started as a small way to keep our family and friends connected with us has turned into this...a place for me to share photos of our lives, a place for me to keep connected with others, a place to put down some of the random thoughts in my head.   

In honor of The Roll-Acosta's 100th post, I wanted to come up with a fun blog post idea.  My original thoughts were to come up with a list of the top 100 ________________.  But any list of 100 things seems a little boring too long.  So naturally, I instead turned to 2 trusted friends...Google and Katy King.  After scouring the internet for a great blog idea and after an off-comment by Katy "why don't you do 100 by 10s," here is what I decided to do instead.  Here is a listing of ten different Top 10s.  Hope you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoyed coming up with them!!!

Top 10 Blog Posts by Others That I Really Enjoyed (Because Reading Blogs is my guilty pleasure)
1. Meredith announcing the arrival of their new baby (even though I knew weeks before the announcement)
2. Sarah of Butterfly Chaser Photography shared photos she took of us with Jillian...forever grateful of Sarah for capturing our family on film
3. Katy, The Queen of the Kings, wrote a letter to her son, Radley...
4. And a letter to her daughter, Emersyn, right before their baby sister was born
5. My friend, Jen, who reminds me to Give Thanks
6. Alyssa, who just started her own company, pays tribute to fun wedding wishes...if only we could have weddings all over again!
7. Jamie, a former student of mine, talking about a Girls Weekend (and the first time they met Jillian)
8. Kristie (a work colleague) talks about the Best Laid Plans
9. Cindy Munson talks about all the details that went into Caroline's Star Wars Party
10. And last, some advice on how to prepare for the next baby (not pregnant yet, people...just planning for the future...)

Top 10 Blog Posts (of Mine)
This list was compiled by going through the stats of the "Most Viewed" posts on my blog
1. Silly Jilly: Crazy Hair!
2. These Hands...
3. Bringing Home Baby
4. Silly Jilly: Is that a hickey?!?!
5. New Year, New Blog!
6. Putting Together Jillian's Nursery
7. Silly Jilly - Funny Photos
8. Casa de Acosta!
9. Jillian's First Day of School
10. Life as a House: Getting so Close!

Top 10 Things Jillian Says
1. Mama...Dada...Baby (All of us, all together)
2. Wow Wow (For her stuffed dog, Lady)
3. Snack (what she says when she is hungry, regardless of which meal it is)
4. Bow (as in, put a bow in my crazy hair please)
5. Drink...Milk (she really signs this one more than says it, but she does this often)
6. Bubble (as in Bubble Guppies, her favorite show)
7. Please and Thank You (again, signs these more than says them...but at least she is courteous)
8. Abby...Elmo (her fav Sesame Street characters)
9. Up Above...Row Row...Happy B... (for her favorite songs "Twinkle Twinkle," "Row Row Row Your Boat," and "Happy Birthday," among others)
10. Nite Nite (any time she is tired or wants to go to sleep)

Top 10 Things I Wish I Had the Time/Talent/Energy to do from Pinterest
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

Top 10 Things Running Through My Mind
1. Wow, this post is long...
2. Sure has taken a long time to write it...time that I should have been working...nahhhhhh!
3. What are we doing for our anniversary tomorrow?
4. 18 days till Aruba!!!
5. Oh sh*t...18 days till Aruba!  I still have so much to do before then...
6. When is my new nephew going to be here?
7. When can I find time/money to go home to El Paso?
8. What are we going to do for Jillian's 2 year party?
9. Oh gosh, what are we going to do for my 30th birthday?!
10. Geeeeeeeze, 30 already?!  Seems like just yesterday, I was turning 15...

Top 10 JJ's Snowcone flavors (in my/Julian's opinion)  Our favorite thing to do in the summer
1. Caribbean Splash
2. Shnozberry
3. Sunburst
4. Amy's Creation
5. Tiger's Blood
6. Strawberry/Pineapple
7. Wild Strawberry
8. Wild Snozberry
9. Cherry
10. Did we mention the Caribbean Splash?!

Top 10 Things Running Through Jillian's Mind
1. Is it almost time for mommy to pick me up from school?!
2. Are we going to another birthday party today?!!
3. Can we FaceTime today?!
4. Do you think mommy will feed me just cheese?!  I love cheese!!!
5. Can daddy get off work already so we can play?!
6. Can I put 15 bows in my hair?!
7. You know what would be the best?!  Bubble Guppies marathon!!!
8. Is it almost binky time...I mean bed time?!
9. Is my name really Jilly BEAR?!
10. I wonder when mommy and daddy will realize that I really am the center of the universe?!

Top 10 Places I've Been
1. Rome, Italy - study abroad
2. Puerto Rico - wedding/honeymoon
3. New York City - to see the Yankees play
4. Disneyland - I've been 11 times!
5. Washington DC - on the 4th of July
6. Aruba...ok we haven't gone yet, but I'm sure it will be on the list...
7. San Diego - gorgeous weather, great beach
8. Disneyworld - such a magical place
9. Las Vegas - What Happens in Vegas...
10. Cancun, Mexico - senior trip

Top 10 Places We Want to Live
1. New York City - the dream place
2. Northern Virginia - to be close to Julian's family
3. El Paso - to be close to my family
4. Chicago - It's our kind of town
5. San Antonio - Maybe I want to live here more than Julian...
6. New Jersey - because it's cheaper than NYC
7.  Colorado
8. Costa Rica
9. Puerto Rico
10. Manhattan...oh wait, I already said NYC...

Top 10 Things You Could Have Been Doing...But instead, you read our blog (Thanks!)
1. Facebook stalk someone
2. Do 100 jump squats (Sorry, I'm in a P90X state of mind)
3. Clean your kitchen...because that always needs to be done
4. Find your own Pinterest projects
5.  Start your own blog...do it, I always need more blogs to read
6. Call your mom/dad/long lost cousin
7. Gone to JJ's to go get your own snow cone
8. Taken a bubble bath
9. Thanks for sticking through it...because this was a LOOOOOOOOONNG one!
10. TLDR... (Too Long Didn't Read)

I hope you have enjoyed keeping up with the Acostas and hearing about a small part of our lives during the past 17 months.  Here's to 100 more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment