Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jillian's First Day of School

And so, today was the day that Julian and I had to take our Jilly Bean to daycare for the first day.  Actually, he and I prefer to call it school...somehow, that makes us feel better, like all she is doing is going and learning.  And I am sure that she will learn lots and so, for our sanity, today was Jilly's first day of school!
We got her ready for her first day of school by putting her in a cute outfit.  After all, the most important thing about a first day of school is the outfit the willingness to go learn!

And I had to tame all that wild hair of hers, too!
And while I finished prepping her diaper bag and her bottle, Jilly caught up on some morning cartoons. 

After getting everything ready, it was time to go so Julian put her in her carseat...

...and off we went!



Walking into school

...at least we hope she will love school at St. Michael's
 Once we got into her classroom, Julian and I made her crib, put her milk in the fridge, stocked her cubby, introduced her to her new teachers and friends...
...and tried our hardest to hold it together.  (Note: do not be fooled by that smile on my face, I started crying shortly after this picture was taken, when it was time to hand Jilly to her teacher)

As much as I am glad that she will make little friends and learn great things from school, my heart really hurt because I wish that Julian and I could stay home with her all the time.  But, we know that we did the right thing and so he and I left her in the hands of St. Michael's and we went to breakfast before we both had to be at work.
I tried my hardest to concentrate at work, but all I could think about was getting out to go pick up our girl.  As I was leaving work, I had to remind myself to go the speed limit and I had to refrain from running into the school once I got there. 
But it was finally time to see our sweet baby's face, and I could not be more happy to be greeted by this sweet, smiling Jillian...

All in all, Jilly's first day of school was a success.  Her teacher said that she ate 6.5 ounces and napped a little here and there.  Many thanks to all of you who thought of us and prayed for us. Now, I just need to work up the strength to do this all again tomorrow...sigh!



3 comments:

  1. Aww congratulations mama! You did good! The best feeling is when you go to pick up your child and the excited look they have on their face to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww amber I don't think I could have done it! Great job to you and Julian! Jilly seems to have had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so Happy and So healthy!!! You guys were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete