Thursday, June 14, 2012

Time for a Change

Just recently, I decided it was time for a change. From the time I found out I was pregnant with Jillian (over 2 years ago), I decided to grow out my hair.  It just kept getting longer and longer, until finally, I just couldn't take it anymore.  Summer finally hit here in central Texas and now it is hot as hell an inferno the Sahara Texas.  
So I went to the new Chrome at Tower Point.  I will admit that I was a little nervous.  I researched different hairstyles all day and decided on one.  When I got to Chrome, they asked if I wanted a complimentary drink.  I asked for a bottled water...ohhhh, I'm sorry we are all out of water...would you want wine instead? Uhhhh, yes please!  Ahhhhh, just the liquid courage I needed!!!
I took a quick photo of my long hair before. I am pretty sure this is the longest my hair had ever been (OK, maybe when I was 10 my hair was longer, but who's counting?!)


As soon as I sat down, my stylist asked what I was going to do.  I showed her pictures of the styles I had researched and she got giddy. Seriously. Giddy!  She told me that when she saw me sitting in the waiting area, she took one look at my hair and thought to herself, "Oh this girl is only going to want a little trim.  How boring."  Nope, not just a little trim for me...not this time at least.  
So once I showed her the style, she put my hair in a rubber band.  And before I could even think twice, she chopped my hair off...all 12 inches of it...gone...just like that.  Guess there was no turning back after that.




She then proceeded to work on styling it and she chopped off another 2-4 inches in the process.  So all told, I lost about 14-16 inches, which feels like 2 pounds, and makes me about 10 degrees cooler. And from some of the feedback I have gotten from people, I even look a few years younger.  Not bad for simply sitting in a chair and drinking wine!!!


I asked the salon if they would donate the hair.  They said that they would and that they were pretty sure it would be able to be given to Locks Of Love, which makes me happy.  I have gotten nothing but positive comments from people about my hair cut.  And in case you're wondering, Jillian likes it too...even if she did not really seem to notice that I chopped off all my hair!

3 comments:

  1. Michelle Coss-YejoJune 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

    You look beautiful as always, it is a nice choice!! Happy belated anniversary...

    ReplyDelete