Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Best of You

Happy Father's Day!

Julian, in Jillian, I see the very best of you...

From the moment she wakes up in the morning with a smile on her face and a lot to say, I can't help but smile and be happy because this is just like her daddy.  You wake up everyday with a smile on your face, and you already have a lot to say.  You are both so chipper in the morning and it makes my days so much brighter to see you both so happy so early in the morning!

Jillian has a way of taking things at her own pace.  She is not really in any hurry, taking her time to go from one thing to the next.  I always tell people that you do not have a haste button.  For you, there is no need to hurry through things.  And now that I see that same characteristic in our daughter, it makes me appreciate you both so much for showing me that life is not about speeding through the day, but about taking our time and enjoying everything that comes our way.  You both teach me to take it slow and go with the flow!

I see the way Jillian lights up when you get home from work, as she knows that with Daddy, it is always play time.  And even if you have worked a 12-hour day, you are always ready to chase her, or tickle her, or make her laugh, or make her smile.  You have had that same energy with me for years, and though I appreciated it before, I have come to deeply value how you give such good, positive energy to me and Jillian.  I know that she is that source of energy for you, too, as she is what powers you through your day!

I see so many wonderful things about you by just looking at our daughter.  She clearly has a lot of the Acosta genes (not too much from my family, maybe next time!), from those precious curly cues on her head to the same little toes as you, she is just like her Daddy.  And not to mention, that girl has personality for days, just like you!  And though I am sure she has a lot of great traits from me too, please know that in Jillian, I truly see the very best in you!

Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy(/husband/best friend/man) we could every ask for!  Jillian loves you so much and I do too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment