Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Alex's First Day of School

Yesterday was Alex's first day at school! (We call it school because it makes us feel better to drop him off at school than to drop him off at daycare).  We started his day a little earlier than he's used to so he was already napping as it was time to take him.

Don't be fooled by this smile...my heart was aching since I was about to leave this boy

Silly Jilly was so excited that she was going to get to show her baby brother her school.  


As we were walking in, I asked her if she would take good care of him at school and she said, "Yes Mommy, I will protect baby from the witch."  (The witch is Jillian's go-to bad guy.)  What a good big sister she is!


It seems like just yesterday we were dropping Jillian off for her first day, and now it was Alex's turn.  It really does take everything I have to leave them at school.  I really do feel like I am leaving my heart when I leave my kids.


But is really is a little easier when we know that the teachers we're leaving him with.  Alex is in the same class that Jillian was in at this age and I know that his teachers will do a great job taking care of my little love while we are at work.
I have no idea what Bubs is thinking in this picture

Yesterday was a short day for Alex as he had his 4-month check-up, so he left school at about 2:30.  When I picked him up, he was a happy boy.  He didn't nap too much at school on his first day since he was so curious about his new surroundings.  

All bundled up and heading to the doctor
At his well-check, he was 16 lbs. 4 oz. and 25.5 in. (60th percentile for both).  He is growing so quickly and doing lots of fun new things.  I am sure Alex will love going to school and in due time, I know it will get a little easier day by day.  Love you, Chubs Bubs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment