Monday, December 2, 2013

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off to Work I Go...

...I know you probably just sang "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho" in a cheery voice.  But trust me, I am singing it more in a sad/weepy/begrudged kind of way...

Today, I return to work full-time after 16 weeks of maternity leave.  It was unbelievably hard to leave this little guy this morning...


Doesn't he look so comfy and cuddly in bed?!  It was torture to wake up to an alarm when my alarm has been a sweet baby coo.  It was even harder to peel myself out of bed, when I would normally stay and cuddle with this little cuddle bug for the next 2 hours.  And it was even harder still to work up the courage and the motivation to walk out the door.

These past 16 weeks have been heaven!  I really enjoyed myself during maternity leave this time around.  With Jillian, as is the case with most things the first time around, I was just trying to survive, trying to remember to feed her on schedule or work in a shower somehow or at least pick up a little bit before Julian came home.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my time with her!  

But this time seemed different, almost as if I was good at maternity leave.  I learned his rhythms quickly so I knew when I would have a 2-hour break to shower/clean/eat.  I would feed him when he seemed hungry, not on a schedule.  My days were a lot more easy going, partly because Alex is such an easy going baby.  I was able to go with his flow and get stuff done, too.  

And boy, oh sweet boy, did we have a good time together!  We would fill our days with cool weather strolls (and treats for mommy).  


Or mid-day trips to Old Navy/Target/Hob Lob for no reason at all.


No matter what time, we were always available to grab a quick lunch with Daddy!

The 2 cutest lunch dates

Sometimes we would just enjoy a lazy day together (usually when it rained), staying in our pajamas and reading books.  



Often times, I would sit and watch you sleep, and wonder what you were dreaming of.  


And there were lots of silly times, too.  


I was so blessed to get to spend nearly 4 months at home with my sweet Bubby Baby to watch him grow from this tiny little thing...


...into this adorable growing boy!


For as long as I live, I will forever cherish all the special little moments with my Alex!  I will remind myself  of this everyday as I go to work...

"Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened!"

Love you to the moon and back, Bubs!  I will miss you every second I am away from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment