Friday, December 20, 2013

It's in These Moments...

Last week, the kids' school had their annual Christmas program.  And for the first time, Jillian was actually performing in the school program.  I could hardly contain my excitement in anticipation of Jillian's first performance.  As I was leaving work, I told my supervisor about my plans for the night.  And she stopped me to remind me to cherish these moments.  She said, "It's in these moments, not in the big moments like graduations, that life is truly special."  And let me tell you, she was so right!

It was in these moments...

...that we saw Jillian light up the stage with her smile...


...that we saw her sing her song and dance her dance with such joy...


...that she waved to us in the crowd and could hardly contain her excitement...


Jillian did such a great job for her first Christmas program!  And because we live so far away from family, I have uploaded a video of her class singing "Where is Santa?"  It is the cutest thing ever (even if my videotaping skills need some major work)!


I told my friend, Katy, that I felt like the Mom in Mean Girls during this performance because we had been practicing this song at home and so I was trying to videotape her and coach her through the moves at the same time (hence the crappy taping job, haha)!

We were so proud of her!  She got lots of snuggles from Mommy...


...and congratulatory kisses from her baby brother, too!

Bubs got dressed up in his bow tie for the special occasion 

It was such a beautiful Christmas program and certainly one of those moments in time that we will never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment