Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cupcakes with Granny

Over the Thanksgiving break, when my mom was in town, Jillian got to bake cupcakes with Granny! My mom is an excellent baker, and I hope she passes the trait down to Jillian (even if it skips a generation with me because my baking is not up to par).

First, they made these adorable turkey cupcakes for Jillian's school's Thanksgiving lunch.  I saw the idea on Pinterest of course, and Jillian loved decorating them.  This was a whole family effort, with Granny baking and frosting, Auntie Shell decorating, and Mommy and Jilly Bear putting on the final touches.


The turkey cupcakes were a huge hit at the lunch and everyone gobbled them up (haha, see what I did there?!)!

And then, on Thanksgiving, Jillian got to bake with Granny again, but this time, it was reindeer cupcakes.  Jillian helped decorate the cupcakes once Granny baked them and frosted them.  She was the official cupcake licker, and nose trier, and mess maker (such important jobs if you ask me).  And in true Jillian fashion, she insisted that some reindeer have purple noses instead of brown or red.  Silly Jilly, I'm sure Granny loved baking with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment