Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kayaking in Aruba

Our adventures in Aruba were aplenty.  We did some fun and exciting things in Aruba that we had never done before.  We were able to go kayaking and the kayak guy (that's his official title, clearly) said that we could even take Jillian.  Oh boy!

I have to admit that I was a little nervous.  She's so little, cannot swim, and loves the water.  Somehow, putting her in a kayak NOT strapped in seemed like a good bad good idea.  So we did it.  Julian was way more nervous than me.  But kayak guy didn't seem nervous, he just put on our life jackets, gave us simple instructions, and sent us on our way.  


Once we got in the water and got going, I could understand why this wasn't going to be so scary after all.  The water was relatively still and Jilly was happy and content to just sit and enjoy the view...and what a view it was!


The 3 of us were in one kayak and Julian's dad and sister were in  another.  We were only out for about 45 minutes, but it was so peaceful, serene, and fun.  I have to say, Julian and I make a pretty good team...he made a great captain/steward of our ship and I was actually good at taking orders/steering us (surprising, I know!).


This was definitely a fun first for us and something that we will do again.  Chalk another one in the win column...Aruba was all about firsts, winning, and great memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment