Saturday, July 14, 2012

Celebrating the 4th, Aruba style

I LOVE the 4th of July!  It is by far my favorite holiday.  When I was younger, it was a time of summer fun, swimming, grilling out, quality family time, and most of all...Fireworks!!!

I was stoked when I found out that we would be in Aruba for the 4th of July this year.  What better place to celebrate this all-American day than in Aruba?!?!?! (Oh wait...Aruba is not in America...it's not even an American colony...it's Dutch...well crap!)

So yeah, they don't celebrate the 4th of July in Aruba.  A small part of me died because it just wasn't going to be the same... No one was dressed in the red, white, and blue.  No sweet smells of hot dogs on the grill and Bruce Springsteen around every corner. And worst of all, no Fireworks...like not even any sparklers!

Except then I remembered that I was in paradise...


With my family...




Especially this 4th of July cutie in her Red, White, and Blue...


Playing in the sand all day...


Having the time of our lives...


Making memories...


And she is definitely cuter than any firework...


And I don't even like hot dogs (and not really the biggest fan of the Boss)...


In fact, this was the absolute best way to celebrate the 4th of July, my favorite holiday in paradise! 





No comments:

Post a Comment