Thursday, July 25, 2013

Waiting for Our Prince to Come

With all the hoopla surrounding the royals and the long-anticipated future King of England, I spent a lot of time feeling a deep sense of empathy for Duchess Kate.  I can't imagine what it must feel like as a new and anxious mommy-to-be, much less to know that you are carrying the heir to the throne...oh, and not to mention having to do all that in the public eye with the whole world watching.  No big deal, right?!

And while I know that not as many (save our nearest and dearest) are waiting for our prince to come, it was fun to see Kate through her pregnancy and now the birth of her son.  I definitely cried the day he was born, just as much of happiness for her as for the anticipation of our own little one.

Alex is our prince and he will add to our perfect kingdom.   He is heir to the Acosta name and I can't wait to give Julian a son! And not to mention, Jillian has already self-proclaimed herself to be a princess, so it really does fit perfectly that we are adding our prince!


Truth be told, I always thought my first-born would be a boy so I have dreamed of my boy my whole life.  But God really knew what he was doing in giving me Jillian first.  She will ALWAYS be the one who made me a mommy and I waited my whole life for her.  She is my little love...my DAUGHTER...my princess!  Now I feel a special connection to both my kids...the one who made me a mommy and the boy I always dreamed of.  A SON to call my own...


I also made secret bets that William and Kate would name their son Alex, like us.  And low and behold, they did...ok, ok, it's his middle name.  But Alex is our son's middle name too! We just chose to have him go through life using his middle name.  Hey, I did it, he can do it too! And as much as my first name is a reminder of where I came from (Julienne, from my mom's name Julie), so too will my son have his first name to remember where he came from (Julian, just like his daddy!).  


So while there won't be people camping outside of our hospital, and no paparazzi (ok maybe a few proud parents/grandparents/friends to snap tons of photos), and no countries to inherit, I know we are so excited for our son, our prince Alex!



No comments:

Post a Comment