Monday, July 8, 2013

All About Jilly Weekend

Since it was a long weekend, we had lots of time to spend with our little girl.  And for some reason, it recently hit me that we have so little precious time left as a family of 3.  So we tried to spend a weekend dedicated to all things Jillian!

Daddy had to work on the 4th, but since Jillian and I had the day off, we decided to spend it poolside.  I was afraid it would be too crowded, or that I would not be able to manage her by myself, but we did great!  Unfortunately, when you are playing with her by yourself, I did not get many/great pics of our pool time adventures.  But trust me when I say she has a great time.  We did whatever she wanted and stayed for close to 3 hours.  She went down the slide 100 times, we swam under the rope into the deep water, we played with her toys, but mostly, we just soaked up the summer sun!

Snack time before pool time

Entering the pool

After Daddy got off work, we went to Boston's for dinner and Jilly ordered the chicken nuggets.  Either the summer sun made her appetite bigger or she is in the middle of a growth spurt, but she ate the entire plate!  She was so proud of herself for making a happy plate!


After dinner, we drove to the Reed Arena parking lot just in time to catch the fireworks display.  We set up in the back of our new car and right as we settled in, the show began.  Jillian loved them, especially all the pretty purple ones.  And when it was time to go, we did not catch a lot of the traffic.  It was a Happy 4th and Jillian spent the whole day singing "Happy Birthday to America!"

Confession time...Jillian's school was opened on Friday and I had the day off, so I dropped her off at school and came home to catch some R&R clean like a mad woman!  Remember that whole freaking out thing that the baby is almost here?!  I cleaned as much as my body would let me and I may have gone a little crazy wiping base boards and doors and cleaning every nook and cranny.  If that's not nesting, I don't know what is!  
Jillian did have a lot of fun at school that day because it was splash day, so it wasn't like I sent her to school where they tortured her...

On Saturday, we had a lot of errands to run, like exchanging and returning stuff in prep for Bub's arrival.  But we did make a pit stop at Jason's and Jillian was all smiles because she got to eat their ice cream!


And finally, on Sunday, Julian had a day off and so we made a family day of it.  The best part was that we told Jillian we had a surprise for her.  We gave her some Monsters fruit snacks and her Monsters water bottle as clues, but she never would have guessed that we were going to see the new Monsters movie!  She had never been to the movies before, so I am sure she didn't even know what to expect.




We told her all the rules of movie theaters, like you have to stay sitting down, only talk by whispering, and no crying.  And while I think that 2 is still a little young, she did an amazing job at her first movie!!!  She followed all the rules (mostly...no one really minded that she was talking, naming all the characters).  She sat in our laps the whole time.  And overall, I think she loved her first trip to the movie theater!

My view of the movie, which was partially obstructed by my curly-haired cutie...I wouldn't have it any other way!

 We enjoyed all the quality time that we spent with Jilly Bear.  Pretty soon, we will make the transition to a family of 4 and Jillian will have to adjust to not being an only child.  But as much as I can help her enjoy these next few weeks, I intend to work at making her life beautiful as our one and only!  I know I will enjoy her reaction to her new baby brother and watching them grow up together.  But I also want to relish this time with our first little love, our baby girl, our Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment