Thursday, April 25, 2013

What's in a Name?

OK, since we just revealed the thought process and meaning behind our son's name, I thought I would post an email we wrote in September 2010 to reveal Jillian's name!  Hope you enjoy this throwback as much as I enjoyed looking at it and reminiscing over the decision for naming our baby girl, Jillian!


Hello family and friends,
As you all know, in a few months, Julian and I will be blessed with an addition to our family...our sweet baby girl!  We cannot wait to meet her and to share all our dreams for her and her future.  And as much as we have loved calling her our "little one girl," we felt it was time to give her a name!  After much time spent thinking of possible names and praying for a sign that God instilled the name He intended for her in our hearts, we have come up with
Jillian Annalise Acosta!!!
A lot of thought and meaning went into her name and I will share a little of our story with you all.  First, her initials are JAA, just like Julian and me.  When I looked up the meaning of the name, Jillian, it literally said "from Julian, meaning youthful."  I thought it was perfect that Julian's daughter's name would come from his name and for those of you who know Julian, he certainly is youthful.  I pray that she has his same youthful spirit, contagious smile, and vibrant personality!!!  Her first name also reminds me of my parents, since my first name Julienne was given to me by my father.  I pray that she has his same iron will and determination.  And my name comes from my mom, Julieta, whose daughters are named Julienne and Julia (Michelle).  May she have my mom's drive and strength as a woman!!!  As for her middle name, Annalise means "graced with God's bounty." We pray that she goes through life with a great sense of grace and appreciation for the love bestowed on her by God, her family, and friends!  It is also meaningful for us that she has the name "Ana" in her name, after her great-grandmother, Mami Ana (Julian's grandmother).  I just recently lost my great-grandmother and I know how big of an influence she had on my life.  We hope Mami Ana serves as a model for our child and we pray that she has Mami Ana's sweet, gentle demeanor and wisdom.
So that's just a little bit about "What's in a name."  I have just barely started to feel Jillian Annalise stirring around in my belly, and as I am writing this story to you all, she is stirring with excitement!  Hope this email finds you all doing well.  Thank you all for your continued love, support, and prayers!
Love,
Julian and Amber Acosta (AKA Jillian Annalise's Daddy and Mommy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment