Monday, April 22, 2013

22/23/24 weeks!

A change in venue for our week photos since we are already working on Bubby's room

How far along: 24 weeks (6 months)!


I look/feel: tired!  Combine normal end-of-the-school-year fatigue with creating-a-life-inside-me fatigue and it is a recipe for exhaustion!  I am also just barely hitting that little bit of uncomfortable when bending over/watching TV/sleeping in bed.  But when I do find a comfortable spot, I refuse to move.  The other night, Julian just left me in the living room instead of insisting that I move to the bed because I was too comfortable to mess that up!  Only 1 month left till I am done with programming for the year, thank goodness, and maybe this tiredness will lessen!



Bubby is: about 1 pound now (or maybe even a little more)!  And it is surprising how much that one pound person can pack a punch!  In the past, he seemed to happily float from one side to the other, but I can tell that he is starting to realize that the walls are closing in on him with not a lot of space to roam around.  I am sure this is nothing compared to the tight quarters he will be in for the next 3-4 months!



Julian is: speaking whale to the baby.  He thinks it's funny to go right up to my belly and speak whale (like Dory in Finding Nemo).  This guy...I know where Jillian gets her sense of humor and child-like persona from and hopefully Bubby will be that same way too!


Little Miss Thing insisted on taking a picture with her Baby Brother!



Jillian is: sweet to her baby brother.  She set aside some baby board books the other day and said "These for my baby brother!"  Half of the books were Mickey Mouse and half of the books were Disney Princess books...not sure Bubby will like those Princess books (or maybe he will, who knows?!)


Also, maybe she is having a little bit of crazy pregnancy craving...the other day, she ate her tortilla chips with yogurt.  Yummy!


I am craving: ice cream lately.  As the weather is getting warmer, I have wanted lots and lots of ice cream! Not sure that is a pregnancy craving, more so just my normal go-to warm weather treat!



Crazy pregnancy moment of the week: Well, Bubby has been moving a lot lately and kicking around in there.  But it was crazy to outwardly see one of his kicks when my belly moved in the middle of a meeting.  And I can also tell when he is shifted to one side of the other because you can outwardly see it.  


Also, pregnancy brain is starting to kick in.  I have a hard time remembering some of the smaller details in life.  I figure, as long as I remember to pick Jillian up from school everyday, we are still good.  Now if I start forgetting that...


On the To-Do List: Do some serious nursery/big girl room planning!  Jillian and I are traveling in 1 month to El Paso and Julian has been tasked with painting the kids' rooms and starting to put together their new spaces while I am out of town.  So we decided on paint color (for Bubby's room), furniture (who is keeping the furniture we have and who is getting new furniture), bedding (for one or both), and decor for both.  I can tell that Julian is eager to get started because there is a lot of work to be done!  


Trying to find the right shade for Bubby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment