Saturday, February 9, 2013

Silly Jilly: Jillian's Version of the Immaculate Conception

I know the Cotton Bowl was over a month ago, but since I had not gone public that I was pregnant, I couldn't share this story until now.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, Julian and I told Jillian that she was going to be a big sister and that Mommy had a baby in her belly.  That was in early December.

On January 4, the day of the Cotton Bowl, I woke Jillian up and told her it was time to get ready for "Gig 'Em Aggies Day."  We started putting on her A&M shirt and I was trying to get her to practice saying "Gig 'Em Aggies," "Whoop!", and "Go Johnny Football!"

Mommy: Jillian, can you say Go Johnny Football?  Yay Johnny Football?
Jillian: No Johnny Football.   Johnny Football in Mommy's belly.  
Mommy: (thoroughly confused) What? No, Johnny Football is not in Mommy's belly.
Jillian: (lifting up my shirt) Yes, Johnny Football in Mommy's belly.
Mommy: Oh no!  How is he going to get out?  He needs to show up to play for the Aggies today!
Jillian: (lifting up my shirt again) Johnny Football, get out of Mommy's belly.  Only Jesus in Mommy's belly!

I was floored...I could not stop laughing...just completely in shock!  Where does this little girl come up with this stuff?!?!

So apparently I had not one, but two, Immaculate Conceptions...one of the Aggies' Savior, Johnny Football, and one of our Lord Savior, Baby Jesus!

To this day, she still says Johnny Football is in my belly (and we all know he's not...boy did he show up the day of the Cotton Bowl!).  And how on earth she thought to say Jesus was in my belly...well, that was nothing short of a hilarious blessing!

Hope you got a kick out of this story as much as we did.  Silly Jilly...

Maybe it's a sign that this child in my belly is a boy...and is going to be a star football player...and...

Jillian on the day of the Cotton Bowl saying "Gig 'Em"



No comments:

Post a Comment