Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Girl's First Mani/Pedi

There are so many firsts that you experience with a child.  First smile, first coo, first laugh, first time she rolls over, first solid food, first birthday....  The list goes on and on.  But there are some firsts that are unique to little girls, like her first pony tail, first earrings, first love, and the birth of her first child (...as I hold back the overly emotional pregnancy tears) .  

Jillian had one of her major girly "firsts" the day before her 2nd birthday...her first mani/pedi!  

Even though she was a little under the weather, I took her to a nail salon.  I told her she was going to get her nails painted.  I'm not sure that she understood exactly what that meant, but I told her to pick colors.  Of course, she picked purple ("Purple is my favorite!  Purple is mommy's favorite too!") and a bright pink to go with it.  

We sat down in the comfy chair and they got started on her hands first.  Even though she had never done this before, and really she had never seen me do it either, she was an instant pro!  I swear, this girl, she is a girly girl to the max.  She held out her hands so delicately, fanning out each finger. Such a priss!


The nail salon technician did a little design on her nails to combine the colors.  After perfecting her mani, she started on Jillian's first pedi.  


Daddy showed up just in time to catch them working on her nails.  After all, this is a major first that he will see our daughter through, too. I think Julian thought I was crazy for getting her nails done.  But this craziness is nothing compared to the craziness he'll see when we pick out her prom dress or do her makeup for her first date!

Jillian loved getting her nails done.  She talks all the time about "paint nails."  Even after they were done, she held her hands and feet out to make sure she didn't mess up her nails.  Typical girl!


I can't wait to continue sharing all these firsts with our daughter, my precious baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment