Friday, February 15, 2013

14 Weeks


How far along: 14 weeks, 4 days

I look/feel: Surprisingly, I don't feel that pregnant...and I was told by my admin assistant that I don't look pregnant either.  I think that was a compliment. =) Although, truth be told, I am clinging to my regular clothes for as long as I can.  I am still wearing a good majority of my pants (so what if they are unbuttoned, they are still fitting...for now).

This has honestly been a very easy pregnancy so far.  No real morning sickness, my loss of energy period was over the holidays so I could sleep a lot, and I have only gained 1.5 pounds so far.  I am not holding my breath that this trend will continue though, since I gained A LOT with Jillian.  It probably helps that I lost all that weight (and some) after Jillian so I am starting from a better place this time around.  I am trying not to focus on the weight too much this time around, just trying to eat a little better.  

How is the baby: Baby is as long as a lemon right now (3.5 inches) and weighs 1.5 ounces.  We got to see the baby at our doctor's visit this week and he/she is starting to look like a little human (and not just a moving white blob on the screen)!  We were able to see distinct limbs and the baby's spine was straight.

Early on during the pregnancy, we needed a way to distinguish which "baby" we were talking about.  We still call Jillian "baby" sometimes, so this baby got the nickname "Bubby."



Julian is: not too focused on Bubby right now!  He is applying for graduate school right now and that takes up a lot of his time and focus. But after that is done, we will get to work on Bubby's nursery (I hope).

Jillian is: so funny these days!  She reads her big sister book every night and sometimes she randomly gets excited about the baby in mommy's belly.  Only time she is not a fan of me being pregnant is when I don't let her bounce on my belly.  She will frown, and then rub my belly and say "gotta be gentle with the baby."  I think she is going to be a great big sister!

Crazy pregnancy moment of the week: Well, I have not had too many pregnancy symptoms, but there are 2 that are out in full force...the crazy dreams and the strong emotions (read: Amber is a hot crying mess!).  This week's crying mess happened after watching the Grammy's...I teared up about a million times watching all those artists live their dream of winning a Grammy.  But I lost it when I saw Prince...PRINCE!  Why on earth did seeing Prince make me cry?!?!?!  Who knows these days...

I am craving: This week, chocolate milk.  I felt like such a fail mom when I sneakily put a pack of Nesquik in our shopping cart at the store.  And then I hid it in the pantry so that Jillian wouldn't see it and think it was for her.  We don't give her chocolate milk and I don't want to start, but I can't believe I am hiding this from my child...fail mom!!!

Gender prediction: Well, Jillian thinks she is having a baby sister 9 times out of 10.  I think it's because she is going to be a big "sister" so she mostly says baby "sister."  But Julian and I have thought this was a boy since the beginning.  I am almost convinced since this pregnancy is so different than my pregnancy with Jillian.  Only 32 more days till we find out, but who's counting?!

On the to-do list: On second thought, it might be more than 32 days till we find out.  I know that I want to have a gender reveal party and I think it would be fun to find out the same time as all the guests at our party. So I am spending lots of time pinning on Pinterest all the fun and creative ways to do a gender reveal party.  We will see if I think Julian and I can wait the 4-5 extra days to find out!!!

1 comment: