Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jillian!

Happy 2nd Birthday Jillian!  We had a low-key day to celebrate Jillian's actual birthday since she had her party last weekend and since she is sick with a double ear infection.  We tried our best to make her day special and we did anything she wanted to do all day long.  

I asked her if she wanted her birthday tradition happy face pancakes for her birthday...but she insisted on cereal instead (and at this point, I am happy if she eats at all because her appetite is gone).   And of course, she wanted to watch cartoons all morning too!

Birthday girl with sicky eyes

In the early afternoon, Jillian jumped in the jump-o-lene as we waited for Daddy to get home from work.  She asked me if she could go to the park for her birthday "with mommy and daddy...together!"  


Daddy got home just in time to meet us at the park.  Julian played with her and climbed up and down.  It was the biggest smiles I had seen from her in days.  No one can quite make Jillian smile like her Daddy!


Upside down birthday girl

Tickle me Daddy!  Push me Daddy!

Then we had a picnic at the park for lunch!  


Jillian asked to come home and she was surprised to find her birthday presents when we got home!  Though we had given her a majority of her gifts at her party, she got a few more cards and a few more gifts. 



Since Christmas and her party just happened, she is a pro at unwrapping now.  


We got her a chef's dress-up set and a pizza set to compliment all her food and her kitchen.


All that playing wore Jillian out and she gladly took a nap with Mommy.  And I got sweet birthday snuggles with my baby girl!

A snack after nap...look at the flowers and balloon that Daddy got me! 

After dinner (and a little Super Bowl watching), we sang Happy Birthday to Jillian.  


Then it was time for birthday wishes and she blew out her candle...and then we repeated this about 5 more times!


Here is a video of Jillian singing Happy Birthday to herself!


I am sure Jillian's birthday wishes included Bubble Guppies and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on repeat all day, fruit snacks and goldfish for every meal, and for every day to be just like today.  But as she blew out her candle, I wished for much more for her.

I wished for her to stay this sweet, this cute, and this little forever.  I wished for her to always know how much we love her.  I wished for her to have 100 more birthdays that were just as happy as this one!  I wished for us to cherish every minute of every day of the rest of her life because it is all going so fast!  And I also thanked God a lot for blessing the past 2 years of our life so much by bringing us this little slice of heaven in the form of our baby girl, Jillian!

Happy Birthday Jilly Bear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment