Sunday, January 19, 2014

Adorable Alex: Baby's First Food

Yesterday, we fed Alex his first "solid" food!  He had his first tastes of baby cereal and I think he liked it!  

I started feeding him baby cereal 2 weeks earlier than we fed Jillian baby cereal, mainly because he is showing all the signs of readiness.  He is sitting up on his own pretty well, and he always grabs for my food when I'm eating dinner.  

So on Saturday night, we broke out the plastic spoons and baby cereal, and I was sure that Daddy could be home for the occasion.  Big sister Jilly was eager to help.  She helped me mix the cereal with breast milk.  And then she insisted on having her cereal for dinner, too.  


During the first few bites, Alex would open his mouth, but he seemed surprised that there was actually food on the spoon.  He would happily baby kick after ever bite (see the video below, there's nothing I love more than cute baby kicks!)

My first bite of food!
Is there food on that spoon?!

There were a few bites where I think he wasn't really sure of what to make of it all.

Hmmm, I don't know about this, Mommy...

Sometimes he would actually swallow the food, other times he would push the spoon and food out of his mouth with his tongue.  This may be a sign that he wasn't quite ready, but in due time, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it.  


But for now, Alex ended up with more on his cute face and on his bib than in his belly!  And he would smile and laugh as we would cheer "Yay Bubs" after the last few bites.  He is so adorable!!!



Adorable Alex, this is another important "first" for you and we can't wait to see what your next "first" will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment