Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Silly Jilly: Baby's First Food!

On Tuesday, Jillian ate her first solid food!  Well, "solid" is a relative term because usually the first food babies eat is rice cereal mixed with milk.  It's 1-part cereal to 5-parts milk, so it's pretty runny and not really "solid."  I wanted to feed her for the first time in her new house and here are a few pictures to document this momentous occasion!

Getting ready to eat from a spoon for the first time
I have been giving her spoons for the past 2 weeks so that she can get used to them.  She has loved playing with them, especially knawing on them and banging them.
Here's her first spoonful.  I love that little face!

Hey, I like this I think!

Mommy, can I have more please??!!

Messy food face!  I LOVE THIS FACE TOO!

Mommy and Jilly

Our whole family celebrating this milestone!

All Done!!!

She did so well for her first time! She kept opening her mouth in order to get more.  And I know it looks like she did not get much in her mouth, but she did such a good job at swallowing it and not pushing it out of her mouth.  I even made the cereal thicker because she was doing so well!
A couple of our friends were over to watch this fun event, including Adriana and Franco who were over to help us unpack.  And the King family also came by to welcome us to the 'hood (haha, thanks for that Katy). 


Adriana getting in on the fun!

Katy and Emmy as some of our first house guests

Overall it was a lot of fun and she was just the cutest baby ever! 
As great as the first experience was, when I fed her again on Wednesday, she decided to play with her food instead and she kept blowing raspberries as I would put the spoon to her mouth.  Oh well!  We have the rest of her life to feed her so I will just enjoy this precious little stage while it lasts!
Love you big girl, food-covered, Silly Jilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment