Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Adorable Alex: More Baby Firsts

Some "baby's first" are lots of fun...and some not so much...

Baby Alex has had a few more "firsts" happen in the past few weeks.  On Monday, January 20th, Alex had his first hair cut!

Snip snip...baby's 1st hair cut!

I know a lot of people always comment on how much hair my kids have.  Some babies don't have any hair by the time they are 5 months old, much less their first hair cut.  

But my kids have lots of hair at birth and it just keeps getting longer and thicker.  So they need haircuts early in life.

Snip snip...baby's first hair cut!

It is pretty rare that I let Alex get treated like a "second child" (I know, I know...he IS the second child and whether I like it or not, he ends up getting treated like the second child all the time.  But I like to pretend that I treat everything with him just as special and precious as if it was the first time it happened, because it's the first time it has happened TO HIM). 

(Spoken like a true second child, right?!  OK, people, I've got some issues...) 

(I digress.)  

Alex was totally a second child when it came to his first hair cut.  I didn't bring the camera.  I didn't bring a bag to save his hair.  Hell, I didn't even make sure Daddy was there to watch the momentous occasion.  

Oh well.  I-phone pics, hair in a cup, and an update to Daddy after it happened...none of that changes the fact that Alex looks so precious after his first hair cut!

But that cute little boy was also about to go through another first...his first ear infection. =(

He's so cuddly, but he just wants to be held ALL THE TIME


We also took him to the doctor that day to find out that the source of his fever was an ear infection.  Jillian had lots of ear infections, too, but I will say that Bubs may not be as tough as his sister (at least not when he's sick).  He is a little fussy, very clingy, and very sleepy when he is sick.

At the doctor again.  He weighs 17 lbs., 10 oz. now.

Fast forward to this week, and Bubs is still not better.  Poor baby!  So we took him to the doctor again and now he has a double ear infection and a stronger antibiotic.  $90 later, let's hope he finally gets back to being a happy, healthy baby boy because we have a big weekend in store...


No comments:

Post a Comment