Monday, August 12, 2013

How We Met Our Son

It really is a miracle how we women are built to birth babies into this world!  And our son was nothing short of a miracle!  This is the story of how we met our son...

We were scheduled to induce starting Sunday, August 4th.  In true Acosta fashion, we were late...

But we got to the hospital and started the process (at around 3:30 AM).  Let's just say it was a long and uncomfortable night and easily the worst part of our birthing story.  By about 7:30 AM, I got a new nurse and she came in and got right down to business.  She said I would have my son by lunch time.  I really liked her!

At around 8:30 AM, my old friend, Epi Dural, showed up and it was nothing but smooth sailing from there.  I felt no pain at all and my labor just kept progressing.  And sure enough, around lunch time, my nurse came in and it was time to rock n roll.

One last selfie!

It's go time!



Just like with Jillian, I spent a little bit of time waiting on my doctor to show up.  He came with a medical student, and just like with Jillian, it was this person's first delivery.  Last time, the girl that watched cried when we had Jillian.  This time, the med student was a little bit of a nervous wreck!

After stalling waiting on the docs, I did 2, maybe 3, pushes and he was out at 12:36 PM, right at lunch time just like my nurse said!  Alex immediately started crying and he peed on the docs...probably because they made him wait!
And he's here!

Getting footprints on Daddy's baseball


His sweet cries were music to our ears and we saw our little man for the first time.  And little he is!  After our chubby baby girl (Jillian weighed in at 9 lbs. 6 oz.), Alex looked small to us at 8 lbs. 3 oz. 



Our first picture with our son!

Proud Daddy!

Our doctor and labor nurse
So in love with Alex!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment