Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Silly Jilly meets Adorable Alex on his Birth Day

As excited as we were to meet our son, we were even more excited to see Silly Jilly's reaction as she met Adorable Alex!  Jillian went to school the morning of August 5th as an only child. But by the time she got out of school, she had a new baby brother waiting for her!!!

I grew anxious as we were waiting for Jillian to show up.  Would she be elated?  A little sad to share the spotlight?  Uninterested or indifferent with him?  I had so many thoughts running through my head, but all positive thoughts because I knew that she had love in her heart for her baby brother.

And in true Jilly fashion, I could hear her barreling down the hospital hall.  It sounded like she was running to come see him.  As soon as she walked in, she shouted "I want to see my baby!!!"  And all my anxiety slipped away because I knew that she was nothing but excited to meet this little guy!  She came over immediately to give Mommy and Daddy a kiss.  But she saved all her sugar sweet energy to give her baby brother the first kiss from his big sister!!!


She came in with a Mickey Mouse and immediately wanted to share Mickey with "her baby."  It was a good sign that she was so willing to share such a prized possession.  


We have been talking to her about meeting her baby brother for quite some time now.  And as it got closer, we started telling Jilly that we were going to have a birthday party for Baby Alex on his Birth Day.  So I asked my mom to make cupcakes and buy balloons and we had a Birth Day party for Alex at the hospital.  We sang Happy Birth Day to Baby Alex and Jilly helped to blow out his 0 candle!  (We weren't sure if we could actually light it in the hospital, so we just pretended.)


One day, I took her to Toys R Us so she could pick out a birthday present for her brother.  And I had been asking her what she wanted from him.  Jillian wanted an Amulet of Avalor (from Sofia the First).  She asked for it every day by running up to my belly and saying, "You bring me the Amulet of Avalor for your birthday, Baby?!"  And true to his word ;) she got to open her present.  Not only did he bring her the Amulet, but he also got her the tiara and Sophia costume dress!



Jillian gave Alex a big hug and kiss to thank him for her present.  


Then she was so excited because she got to give him the present she had chosen for him.  She had picked out a lion and monkey, just for him.  She had also been running up to my belly to tell him what she had gotten for him.  Guess she's not going to be very good at keeping secrets from her baby brother!


  We enjoyed a few more cuddles from Jillian before it was time for her to leave.  

I have my whole world in my hands here!
I think all of the excitement wore out Adorable Alex because he was happy to go back to his little crib.



Silly Jilly, you welcomed your baby brother, Adorable Alex, with open arms and an open heart.  We can tell already that you are going to be amazing friends and that you are going to be the best big sister to "our baby!"  Your Daddy and I are so proud of you for how well you are adjusting to life as a family of four!

Our first picture as a family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment