Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Roll-Acosta Gender Reveal!

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I immediately knew I wanted to have a gender reveal party.  I know that they are trendy these days, but what great fun to let everyone in on God's little secret...the gender of our baby!

Though I had started planning it myself, two friends offered to take the reins to throw this for us.  And they came up with a genius theme based on the title of our blog!  From a Roll-Acosta Life, they dreamt up a circus theme.  

And what great party doesn't start with a great invitation!  This definitely set the tone, color scheme, and theme for our personalized gender reveal party!


The party details were handled with care, with everything going with the party colors of blue, pink, and pops of yellow.  What gender reveal party would be complete without a place for people to officially write down their guesses.  



It was a landslide 14 votes for a boy to 6 votes for a girl!



We My mom made all the food for the party to go along with the theme.  It was a delicious spread of hot dogs, potato salad, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, chips, and cupcakes!  We had raspberry water and blueberry water to also match the color scheme!


Of course the hostesses provided all the party details, from the bakeware to the streamers to the balloons.  They also added treats like caramel popcorn (because I'm going to "pop") and jelly beans (a little homage to big sister Jilly bean), and even a letter A that we can use in the baby's room!


 There was also a gender predictor sheet and blue cotton candy party favors for people to take home!


One of my favorite details was the photo station for our guests to act silly at!  The hostesses provided photo props, a frame, and a backdrop too!



And one of the most important details was the box that held either blue or pink balloons.  Some people think Julian and I are crazy that we did not know until we opened that box...


 ...but the look on our faces and the sheer joy at the news of our baby boy will forever be imprinted on my heart as one of our happiest moments ever!


We are so blessed to have had so many people with us to share in our great news!  These special people came all the way from El Paso to see whether it was a new granddaughter/niece or grandson/nephew!


And for those who couldn't be with us, we were happy to FaceTime or text them to let them in on our news!


In all my wildest dreams about our gender reveal, I never imagined that it would be as much fun as what we had!  Leave it to party planner extraordinaires, Katy and Cindy, to come up with this!

It started out as an off comment by my friend, Katy, that she was interested in planning our gender reveal as a part of her new business idea.  Together, Katy and Cindy are wanting to start a business in which they will do just this...come up with an amazing party concept, buy all the supplies for the party, set it up, take photos at the event, and even clean up after!  We never would have had all of this if it weren't for these two!


So there you have it...an amazing way to reveal the gender of our new baby boy!  Julian, Jillian, and I cannot wait to welcome Bubby to our Roll-Acosta Life!




1 comment:

  1. Lolling so hard at Jay's face in the top right picture (when the balloons come out). So sad I missed this!

    ReplyDelete