Monday, August 25, 2014

Adorable Alex: Home Run Photos

It's funny to look back and think of the things that you dreamed for your child.  I prayed that Alex would be healthy.  I hope that one day, he'll be kind and gentle.  I knew that we would raise him to be loving and strong.  You know, all the important stuff that matters in life.

But I also dreamed of silly things, too, like who or what he'll be one day when he grows up. I don't know if one day, Alex will grow up to be a ball player. And the truth is, we really can't even control if he develops a love for the game, even as a fan. All I do know is that we'll try our hardest to raise him right, to develop an appreciation for America's pastime. 

So here's the truth...I remember waking up in the middle of the night when I was pregnant with Alex, thinking all about how much I hoped he would love baseball, like his daddy. Like all moms who are awake at 3 AM, I turned to my ol' friend, Pinterest. From about 3-5 AM, I planned out his birth announcement, photo shoots, and 1st birthday party theme, all centered around baseball.

But I knew I couldn't trust these important details to just anyone. That's what happens when you have amazingly talented artists in your circle is you go to them with a vision, a dream, and you ask them to help you make it a reality.

So I pitched the idea of a series of photo shoots to our trusted photographer, Sarah Burns. Sarah has captured all of the amazing moments on our journey of parenthood, from maternity pictures to current day family photos. I told her I would supply the photo props if she would make the magic happen. 

What resulted was a series of photos of our son that will last us a lifetime!

Alex's newborn shoot






Alex at 3 months




Alex at 6 months







Alex at 1 year



The images are absolutely priceless to us. They tell the story of our baby boy becoming a toddler, right before our very eyes. Sarah did what Sarah does best, and that's capture our lives so perfectly in photos. 

I knew that these images would need to be matched with the creative genius of Becca Paro so that we could share them with our family and friends.  So I sent the idea of a baseball card birth announcement and baseball ticket birthday invitation to Becca. Her design, plus Sarah's images, made for a perfect way to share our love of our son, baseball, and the Yankees perfectly.





You may think I'm crazy for staying up nights working to see this vision and then working to make it a reality. Welcome to my crazy! But it was all worth it to get to capture Alex in such a way that we will always look back on and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment