Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Proof That They Love Each Other

Jillian really is the cutest big sister ever!  I am always amazed at how much she loves her baby brother, Alex.  I know that it may not always be this way, and so I have been trying to document it as best as I can.  I figure I can use all this documentation as proof when they get older and they forget just how much they love each other!

The other day, I turned the corner and found Jillian sitting in Bubby's room reading books.  I asked her what she was doing and she said she was reading books to her baby brother...


She moved her stool close to his bed...



Brought in her favorite books...



And "read" these stories to him!

It was the cutest thing ever!

Also, she LOVES matching with her baby brother.  Really, she does!  If Jillian puts on one of her shirts that matches him, she goes to Alex's dresser and gets his matching shirt out of his drawer.


It's in the everyday moments too, like when she insists on helping to change his diaper by handing us wipes.  Or when she stops from playing to climb up on the bed to make sure baby brother is covered.  


It's the little things, like insisting on pushing his stroller "because that's what big sisters do."  She learned that from her Big Sister book.  



Jillian kisses her baby brother a million times per day, with sweet kisses to say good morning, or that she missed him when she sees him after school, or goodnight after a long day.  She has conversations with him, where she does all the talking of course.  

And it is clear that he loves her too.  We have been blessed lately to see Alex send intentional, loving, gummy smiles, and no one can make him smile quicker than his big sister, Jilly Bear!

He follows her with his eyes

And sends big smiles her way, too

Jillian says that Alex is her "best friend ever"...I hope and I pray that it will always be that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment