Sunday, May 20, 2012

While Mommy was Away...

This past week, I had a work trip that I needed to take to McAllen for a program I advise called Aggies Reaching Out (ARO).  Julian and I have known about this trip since before we had the baby, because I take this trip annually.  I did not have to go last year since Jillian was so little.  But this year, it was time to go again.  We considered a few options, like having my mom come to help or potentially taking Jillian with me.  Ultimately, we decided on having Julian and Jillian spend a fun-filled Daddy-Daughter week together!
To keep everything running smoothly for them, I made lists...


...and left love notes...


...and laid out all of Jillian's outfits and pajamas (labeled by day, each with matching bows)...


...and I stocked the refrigerator with food (already prepared or easy to make).

And this is what happened while I was gone.  My sweet girl wore lots of dresses...with Yankees hats to accessorize (they watched a lot of baseball!).

Overall, Jillian was a happy girl and she and Julian did a great job this week while I was gone.  We get by with a little help from our friends, and so a big thank you to the Malnars and to Cary for helping with after school pick-up a few days!

Daddy makes me smile!!!
I got back on Friday and I could not get to Jillian fast enough!  I just missed her little face so much and it seemed like overnight, she had grown and was talking whole lot more!  



And wouldn't you know it, she says DADA so much more than she says MAMA!  Oh well, after the amazing job that Julian did watching our girl, loving on her, tending to her every need, all while keeping the house neat, and working hard at his job, she can say DADA all she wants.

Great job, DADA!!! We love you so much and hope that you enjoyed your Daddy-Daughter week!

No comments:

Post a Comment