Thursday, February 2, 2012

Silly Jilly: Movin' On Up

Now that Jillian is about to be ONE, she needs to move up from the Bunnies Infant class at school to the Ducks 12-18 Month class.  To ease with the transition, Jillian has been gradually integrating into the Ducks classroom.  I have to admit that when I got the letter and transition schedule that said that Jillian would be moving up, I cried a little.  That means that my baby is slowly but surely going from a baby to a toddler.
There are so many new things about the new class, all little things that will take some getting used to.  Most things are little adjustments, like learning to feed themself finger foods, no pacifier during active times, or no bottles, only sippy cups.  But nothing could have prepared me for the HOT MESS that my daughter would come home looking like.
You see, Jillian now has gym play time, outside playground time, and arts and crafts time.  I am sure that she is having so much fun doing all these activities, but that also means that she comes home looking like this...

Her hair is an absolute mess (but what else is new, I mean she always has crazy hair)

She has food/gunk on her elbows...

She has dirt on her knees...

And her shoes are filthy!

Oh well, what's most important is that my now toddler girl comes home with a smile on her face! 


 And at the end of the day, she can be cleaned up, her clothes can be washed, but nothing will replace the new memories she will make in her new Ducks class.  Congrats on movin' on up, baby big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment