Monday, August 1, 2011

Life as a House: OFFICIALLY Homeowners!!!

It's OFFICIAL! At 3 PM on Monday, August 1st, Julian and I went to go sign the paperwork on our first home!  We wanted to share this occasion as a whole family so I picked up Jilly from school so she could come, too...after all, Julian bought this house for her!

It did take us about an hour and half to sign them all so we had to pass the baby back and forth and dance around to keep her entertained.  And of course, she wanted to suck on the pens so we let her.  I kept the pens because 1) I am sappy like that and 2) we paid a lot of money for that pen!


When we were all done, the title company handed over our keys to our new home.  That lady was not too happy to be on camera (as you can tell from her expression), but we were ecstatic!


Jillian was such a good baby and she was just as thrilled to have these keys, too (even if all she wanted to do was suck on them, too)!


Ohhhhh, pretty, shiny keys!


I had two very important things in my hands here.  My beautiful little girl and the keys to our new home!!!


Here we are, proud homeowners and a happy little family!  Julian, in case I have not told you enough, I love you so much for working so hard to make our dreams come true and for buying a home for our family.  Home is where the heart is and my heart is always with you!


Julian and I were so ready to make this move!  He started packing about 4 weeks ago and we just had to throw a few more things into boxes in order to move into our new house...
Like this precious cargo!!!


By 7:30 PM that night, we rented a UHaul and were ready to make our move.  With a little help from our friends (Justin, Jake, and Christen), we packed up the truck that night.  While we were doing that, Meredith and Jackson watched Jilly (to see their adventures, click here).  And then Franco came over and helped unload the truck till 3 AM!  A MILLION THANKS to all our friends who helped make this move possible!


And now, the fun part begins as we work to unpack everything, organize, decorate, and live life in our brand new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment