Friday, May 13, 2011

Life as a House: Setting a Foundation and Leaving Our Mark

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. - 1 Corinthians 3:10

They've started building our house!  In the past few weeks, Julian and I have gone by our lot to see the new developments, and we were so excited when we turned the corner to see the workers out at our house.  They were working on the frame for the foundation so that they can level the ground and begin to pour the slab.

Once we discovered that they were going to be pouring concrete soon, I called our super and asked if we could leave our prints in the driveway...and he said yes! So we went by and left our prints in the bottom corner of the driveway, and I am sure we will see it everytime we pull up to the house.


 Julian put his left hand, I put my right hand, and we put the baby's foot prints in the middle!

We went back to see the prints once the cement dried.  I teared up just thinking about pulling up to our new house everyday, knowing that it is really ours.  I know I will cry the day we move in out of sheer joy and I can only imagine that I will cry when we have to leave that house...I mean, we left our mark in the driveway for crying out loud!


And now they have begun the framework for the walls of the house!  It is all coming together so quickly!

As I reflect on the progress that has been made, I am reminded that a strong foundation is the key to a strong home and a strong life.  When Julian and I first got married, we decided what values we would build our family on.  Together, we decided that the Acosta family would represent passion, loyalty, communication, trust, selflessness, dependability, unity, and most of all, LOVE!  Couple that with a marriage and life based in faith and a commitment to God and I'd say we have built a strong foundation! 





No comments:

Post a Comment