Monday, April 4, 2011

Life as a House

"I always thought of myself as a house. I was always what I lived in. It didn't need to be big. It didn't even need to be beautiful. It just needed to be mine. I became what I was meant to be. I built myself a life. I built myself a house."  
-Quote from the 2001 movie, "Life as a House" 

Julian, Jillian, and I went to our selections and pre-construction meeting last week.  At this meeting, we got to select all the finishes that are going into our house - cabinets, carpet, trim, paint, stone, granite, flooring, everything! 

It was so much fun to go through this process and to pick out everything that we like.  Julian and I make a great team as we agreed on nearly everything.  And every once in awhile, this little one provided her input, too!


At the pre-construction part, you walk through all the floor plans to make sure that outlets are where you want them or the tile is angled the way you want.  We also got to meet our superintendent, Thomas Pack, or T-Pack for short.  He is our go-to guy and we are really looking forward to working with him.


After the meeting was over, we went out to our lot and you can imagine our surprise when we saw the Sold sign in the yard, along with a sign with our names on it!!! 


At this point, they actually break ground in 2-3 weeks.  We will probably go by our house as often as we can so we can watch and track the progress on our house.  So be on the lookout for blog picture updates as we go through Life as a House!!!


2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting Amber! Jillian is precious and growing so much! I am so happy she is a healthy baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOP! We are so thrilled for you all! Life is really coming together for the Acosta family :)

    ReplyDelete