Sunday, June 22, 2014

Silly Jilly: Two Prayers

Silly Jilly says funny things all the time these days.  But here are 2 of my favorite things from this past week:

Jillian told me a few weeks ago that she does not like the last line of the Lord's Prayer.

Jilly: Mommy, don't say "Deliver us from evil."
Mommy: But that's what the prayer says.
Jilly: Well, I don't like it.
Mommy: We can't just change the Lord's Prayer, Jillian.  We'll need to ask God if we can say "Keep us safe from every evil."

I hadn't thought too much about this conversation until we were driving home from school the other day.  I always tell Jillian that when she sees sun rays through the clouds, that means God is with us.  


Jilly: Mommy! Mommy!  God is with us, hurry and ask him if we can say "Keep us safe from every evil!"

So needless to say, we now change the last line of the Lord's Prayer.  Now that she has that one down, I have been teaching her the Hail Mary.

Jilly: Hail Mary, Fairy Grace, the Lord is with thee

Maybe I think it's the cutest thing in the world that she says that, so maybe I don't correct her...

No comments:

Post a Comment