Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Silly Jilly sings Adorable Alex a song

Every night, before Alex goes to bed, I sing him "You Are My Sunshine."  I have sang this song to him every night since we brought him home from the hospital.  While I know it has a second verse, I didn't really know it, so I just kinda made it up.
For about 3 nights out of the week, it's just me, Alex, and Jillian at home around bed time so I am often putting Bubs to sleep while Jilly is in the room.  And since he was about a month old, Jillian has been singing him "You Are My Sunshine" too.  
It is the cutest thing and it melts my heart every time she sings it to him.  Except from my adapted second verse, she changed it even more to fit her.
Here's what she says:

The other night, dear,
As you lay sleeping
I watched you dream and
I wondered how
I got so lucky
To be your SISTER
So please don't take my sunshine away



I wish they could both stay this tiny and this precious forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment