Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy 3 Months, Alex!

Happy 3 Months to our growing Bubby Baby boy!

What a cutie pie!

This little boy has completely stolen my heart, and I'd venture to say he has stolen the hearts of all our family, too!  He is such a happy-go-lucky baby, always ready to smile at anyone he meets.  And what a smile it is, with those 2 dimples that seem to just get deeper and deeper!

Love that little smile!

The big development this month...Alex has started to laugh!!!  The first laugh was when Daddy was tickling him on our way to a Halloween party.  And his second laugh was this past weekend when Uncle Mike was bouncing him up and down.  No other sound in the world compares to your baby's first laughs.  I can still hear Jillian's baby laugh and I will never forget Alex's too!

Laughing while mommy bounces him (and somehow takes a photo too)

Alex is still a great sleeper who goes down really easily.  And he even slept through the night 3 times in the past month.  We put him down at 8-9 PM and he slept till 6-7 AM! Hopefully by this time next month, I can work to get him to do this every night (wishful thinking, but I can only hope).


Bubs is getting to be such a big, strong boy!  We have been able to pull him up from his hands and he will sit up (with our help, of course) and support his own head for longer periods of time.  We have started putting him in his Bumbo and his head doesn't bobble around too much.


As for clothes, his 3 month outfits are starting to fit a little snug and I can put him into 6 month clothes already.  He is still in size 1 diapers, but he will definitely move up to size 2 by next month.  When we went for his 2 month well-check, he weighed 12 lbs., 12 oz. and was 23 5/8 in.  But if I had to guess, he is probably closer to 14 lbs. now, probably the same as the Thanksgiving turkey we will cook later this month...my little Turkey boy!  And he has definitely gotten longer because his 3 month pants are getting a little short on him.

Look how big I am next to my elephant!

Alex is also a great talker!  He has started saying 2 syllable words this month, most notably he has been saying "A-goo."  I don't think it's a coincidence that he started saying that this past Saturday when the Aggies were playing the Miners.  I think he was trying to say "A-ggie"!  Lord help us if Bubs talks as much as Jillian does!

Silly talking boy

Mommy, Daddy, and big sister Jilly Bear love you so much Bubby Baby!  You make our lives so much brighter and it is so much fun to watch you grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment