Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Silly Jilly: Kisses for God

Every night, I rock Jillian to sleep and we say her prayers.  I have done this everyday since she was born.  It's one of my absolute favorite moments of the day...a time to stop, hold my child close in my arms, and thank God for her, our greatest blessing of all!  Usually, Jillian is nodding off before I really get started on her prayers.  But for the past few weeks, she has waited until I actually put her in bed to fall asleep.  This also means that she is awake the whole time I am saying her prayers. 
As Catholics, we start our prayers by doing the sign of the cross..."In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of Holy Spirit, Amen."  When we say "Amen," we kiss our hand.  I do the Sign of the Cross first on her and then I do it myself.  Well, Silly Jilly thinks that we are blowing kisses during that part.  And Jilly LOVES to blow kisses.  So now, our prayers go a little like this:

Me: In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit *kiss* Amen
Jilly: Muah (blows a kiss)
Me: Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Jilly: Muah (blows a kiss)
Me: Hallowed be Thy Name
Jilly: Muah (blows a kiss)
Me: Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done...
Jilly: Muah (blows a kiss)

Silly Jilly, you make my heart happy as you Blow Kisses to God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment