Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shave November

We all know that it is "No Shave November," a time when men forgo shaving for a cause.  Sometimes that cause is legitimate, like "changing the face of men's health" and sometimes it's to compete to see who can get the scraggliest, ugliest beard and 'stache going.
But what would a man who never shaves anyway do during this month?  Clearly the only thing to do is to shave it all off...and that's exactly what Julian did!!!
We were both so nervous before he started.  I mean, he had a full goatee since the day we met.  I had never seen Julian without facial hair and he could hardly remember a time with no facial hair.  He first grew in his goatee 8 years ago!
This is Julian's "I'm not too sure about this" face

Lathering up, thinking "Am I really going to do this?!"

Once he started buzzing it, there was no turning back...
We decided to have a little fun and take funny pictures along the way.  Here is once he shaved off the bottom portion of the goatee.  Doesn't he look like an '80s pro wrestler in this pic??!!
"Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh"
 And then he shaved off the sides, leaving just a moustache.  I've seen old pictures of Julian's dad from the '90s and he looks just like him.  Or he looks like Tom Selek or Ron Burgandy... =)
"I'm Ron Burgandy?"
And last, the moment of truth, the point where it all came off. Up until this point, Julian still looked like himself to me.  But once it all came off, man did he look different!!!  It was at this point that I freaked out.  Who was this man standing in front of me?!  He sounds like my Juli-Bear and acts like my Juli-Bear.  But he looks soooooooo different.   And, well, it's been over 7 years since I kissed a clean-shaven man so that was wild, too!
It's all gone!
We did this after the baby was asleep for the night.  When she saw him this morning, she kept looking at him, as if to say, "Hey, is that my daddy?!"  And I wish I could be a fly on the wall as our family, friends, and co-workers see this picture or see Julian in the flesh! 
Here's to a NO Shave November.  The jury is still out on whether his goatee will be back by month's end. =)

2 comments:

  1. awwww lol i think he looks like harold my moms ex. crazy and scott to a little wow crazy julian

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! i am terribly disappointed! Now no one in Acosta has a goatee with me!

    ReplyDelete