Monday, July 11, 2011

Silly Jilly: Is that a hickey?!?!

The other day, I picked Jilly up from school and headed back to campus to work for the evening.  I had a retreat with my students and Julian had not gotten off work yet to be on baby duty. 
About 30 minutes into the retreat, I was holding Jilly and since she is a drooly monster/maybe teething, i could hear her slurping on my shoulder and sucking.  All the while, I was having a very important and serious conversation with my students.  I know it's hard to take me serious with a baby in my arms to begin with, but in the middle of our discussion, I hear that Jilly has stopped sucking on me and my students are trying to refrain from laughing.  Just then, I look down on my shoulder and I see a big red mark...
IS THAT A HICKEY?!
Yep, that's right folks.  My baby gave me a hickey!  She had gnawed on my fingers before or sucked on my wrist and it had never left a mark.  But this time, she had left her mark alright, and it stayed there for 5 days!!!  None of the hickey remedies I learned from my adolescence (sorry Mom and Dad) worked AT ALL on making this thing go away!
Nevermind the fact that I have been "working late" and I now have to explain this hickey to my husband! Eeeeek!

Silly Jilly! Mommy and Daddy say NO MORE HICKEYS to anyone (for at least another 15 years)!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment