Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cousins!


Cute little cousins, we'll always be,
Forever friends from the same family tree


Our parents are siblings, this much is true
Now we light up this family, both me and you


Together, we'll giggle, laugh, play, and smile
And even get into trouble together once in a while


We'll teach other important things, like how to play
With ribbons and bows, and even to pray


I'll love you forever and together we'll grow
To be best friends, this much I know!


Jillian and Lauren are going to be best friends, I just know it! They were born 8 months and 1 day apart.  And though Lauren is much bigger now, I know that in a few short years, their 8 month age difference will not matter at all.  I already have visions of them running around the house together, chasing each other,  making up stories, and playing dress-up!  But I also have visions of them as teenagers, causing mischief, talking about boys, and growing up all too fast!  Lord, help us!
I know that these little girls are the light of our family as our parents have LOVED being Grandparents to them, and our brothers and sisters have LOVED being Aunties and Uncles too!  Someday, there will be lots of cousins to play with, but for now, everyone loves Lauren and Jillian!
Lauren is the daughter of my older brother, Mike, and Jen.  Though we are 5 years apart, Mikey and I were super close growing up and I can't wait for Jillian and Lauren to be just as close!  Mike and Jen and Julian and I have grown so close over these past 6 years.  And I am happy to say that not only are we Aunts and Uncles to these sweet girls, Jen and Mike will also do us the honor of serving as Jillian's Godparents, as we are Lauren's Godparents too!  I look forward to raising our little girls together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment