Monday, April 21, 2014

Why isn't Easter my favorite holiday?!

When I think back on all the great holidays, I definitely think that Easter should fall much higher on my list.  I mean, think about it...the weather is perfect, there is a little bit of gift giving, lots of candy, and an egg-stra special reason to celebrate (He is Risen!). 

And this Easter was another one for the record books as it was amazing! And this year, we had another special reason to celebrate the day as it was our son's first Easter. 


I have thanked God everyday since our son was born for Him giving us our very own son, along with giving us His only son.

Our egg-star special day started with morning cuddles in bed and opening Easter baskets. Jillian and Alex both got their own baskets and one combined basket with toys for both to share. 


After baskets, my special little chef put on her cooking gear to help me make French toast for the family. But our little bunny boy didn't make it through breakfast as he was still battling his ear infections, and so we opted to miss church and put him down for a long morning nap.


After nap, we got ready and headed out to lunch. Isn't my husband so handsome with his little mini me, Alex?!


Actually, this handsome man gave me 2 beautiful little bunny babies! Thanks, babe!


We took an afternoon walk and came back to cascarones in our yard! Jillian was eager to put on her running shoes to run around and put the eggs in the basket. Bubsy helped too!


This year, Jillian was super excited to crack the cascarones on her baby brother's head. We told her she had to be gentle so she would crack them in her hand and then sprinkle it on his head.


He was so fascinated by the confetti and he cracked a few eggs in his hands just to see the stuff fall out.


We ended the night by grilling out and enjoying the rest of our perfect Easter Sunday. 

I think it's official. Easter is my new favorite holiday!


1 comment: