Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jillian's Homework

When Jillian moved up to the next class at school, it also meant that she would be coming home with something I didn't expect...homework.  I mean, she's only 2 years old...I thought it would be 2-3 more years before we had to do this!

The first night that she had homework, we cleared space at her little table and got to work.  Can I just say that I definitely have a new-found respect for teachers, whether they teach 2-year-olds or 12-year-olds or 22-year-olds!  Her focus was short and my patience was shorter.  But she looked so darn cute working on it, didn't she?  And I had some glimpses into our future (hopefully, her focus and my patience will grow with age).  


But, it's been a few weeks, and I am happy to say that homework time is a fun time for both of us.  I get a glimpse into the fun things that they are teaching her at school and an opportunity to see how bright Jillian is.  And she gets to color and show off her smarts!


This particular day, we were working on color patterns.  She loved it so much, she asked me to make more color patterns on the back of the paper!


Jillian would read the letter in the bubble, then tell me what color starts with that letter, and then she would color the bubble in the correct color.  And she was great at figuring out the patterns.  Of course, the original lesson only had red, blue, and yellow, but she asked me to add purple to the patterns, too.


She was so proud of herself for doing so well at her homework.  I hope she's this happy about doing homework for the next 20+ years!


No comments:

Post a Comment