Thursday, September 6, 2012

Surprise!!!


I have spent 30 years on this earth, but I finally got my first Surprise Party!!!  I cannot believe that my amazing husband pulled this one off!  I have always wanted a surprise party (because let's be honest, I love a surprise and I love being the center of attention).  But I had no idea how much work and planning and scheming Julian (and everyone) had to do in order to throw this surprise for me.   

On Saturday, my family did everything they could to get me out of the house.  They told me to schedule a haircut, they told me we were going shopping, they took me out to get a pedicure.  And when I came back home, I thought I was coming home to a quiet evening at home with our families.


Boy was I wrong!!!  I walked in the door and was greeted by family and my closest friends!  And can you believe that Julian got people from every part of my life together to celebrate the big 3-0?!

I had some of my Fish Camp students there...


...and my SAAHE Sisters/Significant Others/Babies from grad school...


...and my co-worker/friends (and cute kids too)...


...and college friends, in from San Antonio, who we had not seen in far too long...


...and my former students/friends too...


...and even our neighbors!


It was a great party with some of my favorite people in the world, eating some great Fuego catering and chocolate cake, and lots of presents too!   


Jillian loved the presents part because lots of people brought her gifts, too!


I had a great time at my 30th Surprise Party!  I am so grateful for all the people who came from near and far to celebrate this occasion.  But mostly, I am grateful for the man who made this all happen...my best friend, my rock, my husband, Julian!  Thanks so much, babe...hope you enjoy being married to a cougar! ;)

Jillian was not a fan of the loud and spirited "Surprise" that everyone yelled when I walked in the door.  But it didn't stop me from thanking Julian with a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment