Sunday, March 13, 2011

6.5 hours!

6.5 hours...that's how long Jillian slept last night...that's how long Mommy slept too!!!
While the rest of the world is complaining about daylight savings and losing an hour of sleep, I woke up ecstatic this morning! Do you know how long it's been since I slept 6.5 hours straight?! I seriously can't even remember how long it's been since I did that. And I'm not just talking about since Jilly was born...even when I was pregnant, I was awake every 3-4 hours with needing to pee or needing to turn my big belly over to the other side. If I had to guesstimate how long it's been, I'd say it's been about 3-4 months!
Clearly, this is a big deal to me...so much so, I just had to blog about it. And after the day I had yesterday, this must have been Jilly's way of making it up to me. You see, we had a crappy day yesterday...literally! The first thing Jillian did yesterday was poop while I had her diaper off. So I did laundry. Then she pooped out the top of her diaper, so I gave her a bath...which she proceeded to poop in. Then I put her in a cute outfit to welcome her Grandma Julie, Auntie Shell, and Uncle Joseph...but she pooped on that too. And if that wasn't enough, the last thing she did last night was poop out of her diaper one last time...so believe me when I say, it was a crappy day! But, my family was here and Grandma Julie offered to rock the baby to sleep. Now, I've always thought that my Mom was a "baby whisperer," and I don't know what she did last night...all I know is that my child slept for 6.5 hours after Grandma Julie put her down! Thanks Grandma "Baby Whisperer"!
But today is a new day! We slept so well, that I just had to tell Julian about our night. So I woke him up to tell him about our 6.5 hour feat. He  asked me how I felt, and I told him I felt so good, I could run a marathon!
For all you moms out there, I know you empathize with me right now. And for everybody else, just know that good quality sleep is a sacrafice you make in order to have a precious lil' one.
OK, enough of this, I'm off to run a marathon (in my dreams)! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment